Re: TDFX and DRI

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 10:47:43AM -0500, Jon Pennington wrote:
> Is there an existing `NOWTO' for setting up the DRM and DRI modules for
> 3Dfx Voodoo3/Banshee products?  The DRM must be built against your
> current kernel source tree, and it's the biggest headache so far.

Up until phase2v7 the DRI module was not compiled, it is now included
but requires glide3.

I have (hopefully) working glide3 debs, but they are not ready for
mainstream use quite yet, a little more experimental then the X4 debs.

The work on them is going a little slower because I don't have a V3 or a
V5 to test with, and the V2 support for glide3 has never really existed,
and never with DRI support.

The kernel module could prove a problem, but can probably be handled the
same way the Device3Dfx support is handled.

If you would like to test, the glide3 debs currently live at
http://whitestar.soark.net/~warp/glide3 (not APT friendly).

Zephaniah E. Hull.
(Maintainer of glide2 and glide3, among other things.)

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801
    Keys available at http://whitestar.soark.net/~warp/public_keys.