Re: Trident 9397 and Xfree 4.1

> > It looks like X is drawing there -- I can put windows there,  and gkrellm
> > extends into this "black" region -- but it's getting cut off or clipped or

> Try a lower bits-per-pixel value, or tell the server real amount of
> memory and see if it still happens.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried 8, 16 and 24 bpp, and gave it the correct "VideoRam" parameter,
and bad results.  Actually, with 24bpp, the modeline seemed to be _way_
off;  the left edge of the desktop was repeated every inch or so across
the screen.  But with 8 and 16 (and the _same_ modeline), I got the
top-of-the-desktop-cut-off thing.

As I said, it worked fine with the Xfree 3.3.6 XF86_SVGA server, so I'm
wondering what has gone wrong with 4.0.1. :)

	Any other clues?

						Will