Trident 9397 and Xfree 4.1

Hey there;  I'm using this chipset on my laptop, and encountering some odd
behavior, so I figured I'd check and see if this was happening to anyone
else.  I'm running woody updated to this morning, and xserver-xfree86
4.0.1-0phase2v7.

None of the default modelines work correctly -- so I cut out the modeline
I was using with Xfree 3 (this had been tweeked via xvidtune from one of
the defaults), and it works ok, except that the top half-inch or so of the
screen is completely black.

It looks like X is drawing there -- I can put windows there,  and gkrellm
extends into this "black" region -- but it's getting cut off or clipped or
something.  I took a screenshot with xwd,  and the screenshot shows the
entire screen,  but it's not actually visible on the monitor.

	Any clues?

						Will