Re: X ate my console + some other glitches

Roland Mas (2000-09-08 12:14:10 +0200) :

>   Other problem (bigger): once I find that I have to run XFree86, do
> some stuff (mainly work :-), then I quit.  Supposedly I should find my
> good ole console again, huh?  Well, I do, but the screen keeps black.
> I can use the console if I know what to type ('su -', 'root-pwd',
> 'reboot' for instance), but the screen keeps black.  Until after the
> reboot, that is.  I can restart X and it works OK, but from then until
> the reboot, text-mode is off.  Or maybe it's black on black, dunno,
> anyway it's unusable for everyday life.

Oops, sorry, it's a known bug not due to Xfree86, but (apparently) to
the kernel (I'm running 2.4.0test5, home-compiled under Debian).  I
should have read the mailing-lists first.  I'll keep silent on that
point from now on (well... maybe).

  The other points still remain problems (to my mind).

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes n'ont qu'un oeil.