Re: [4.0.1-0phase1v11] xlibgl1 shlibs

Yes, I'm replying to my own post...

>> "Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@debian.org> writes:

 > >> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:
 >
 >  > What, specifically, do you suggest, again?  Please show me the
 >  > exact format so I don't screw it up.  :)
 >
 >  libGL   1   libgl1

 of course I didn't mean the libOSmesa line has to be dropped.

 >  That is to say, an application linked with the libGL library in
 >  xlibgl1 /must not/ fail to load if, say, mesag3 is installed instead.

 meaning, you should not receive a "foobar symbol not defined" kind of
 error from the dynamic linker.

 >      "normal" dri module does.  If some uncautious soul ITPs the
 >      NVidia drivers (which, AFAIR, is not allowed by the license),
 >      he'll have to Replace: xserver-xfree86 ...

 just a note for this hypothetical foolish soul: "Replaces" doesn't
 work.  NVidia's glx module is called "libglx.so" and is a shared
 "library".  XFree86's glx module is called libglx.a and it's an ar
 archive.  In the current state, these hypothetical packages should
 divert xserver-xfree86's libglx.a.  Branden, with this information in
 mind it's up to you if you want to move the glx module to the xlibgl1
 package, personally I don't think I would bother.

 Thanks,

                                    Marcelo