Re: rman revisited

>> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

 > On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 10:39:29PM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
 > >  A side note...
 > >
 > >  I get this with a Makefile freshly generated from a Imakefile:
 > [...]
 > >          $(RMAN) $(RMANOPTIONS) < Login.app.man >
 > >          Login.app.$(MANSUFFIX)-html &&\        $(MV)
 > >          Login.app.$(MANSUFFIX)-html $@
 > >
 > >  and since there's no Login.app.man, the compilation breaks.  (If you
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 > >  want to test this yourself, apt-get source login.app)
 >
 > Well, I presume it doesn't break if you apt-get install rman?

 Well, I presume someone has to write the .man file in order for rman
 to convert it?

 There's a conditional en Imake.tmpl:

 #ifndef BuildHtmlManPages
 #ifdef RmanCmd
 #define BuildHtmlManPages YES
 #else
 #define BuildHtmlManPages NO
 #endif
 #endif

 and BuildHtmlManPages is not defined anywhere else (that matters).  I
 guess I need to define BuildHtmlManPages as NO in site.def...
 correction, I guess you need to define BuildHtmlManPages as NO in
 site.def, the problem is compiling pacakges breaks unless the
 maintainers add a .man file or a '#define BuildHtmlManPages' to their
 Imakefiles.

 BTW, shouldn't host.def be a conffile?

                              Marcelo