Re: rman (PolyglotMan) + TkMan are now under the Artistic License.

Sorry, I don't know the answers about your question.

B.R.> [I hope you don't mind that I am CCing this back to the debian-x list]

I'm also CCing to debian-x.

B.R.> Okay, well, there's a few things I need to learn:

B.R.> 1) Is XFree86 the place where continuing work on the DPS library is going
B.R.> to continue to happen?
Yes, may be.

B.R.> 2) Is the DPS library in dpsclient a separate implementation?  The DPS
B.R.> library in XFree86 is copyrighted by Adobe, but is under a free license.
I don't know about that.  Does this web page help you?
	http://dps.sourceforge.net/

B.R.> 3) What is shipped by dpsclient* that is not by my libdps* packages?  I
B.R.> have attached the contents of these packages below; I don't expect this to
B.R.> change except for Debian-specific README's and stuff.

The files are in dpsclient but not in your package. (except under
/usr/share/doc/)

/usr/bin/makepsres
/usr/bin/pswrap
/usr/lib/libdps.so.0.0.1
/usr/lib/libdpstk.so.0.0.1
/usr/lib/libpsres.so.0.0.1
/usr/lib/libdps.so.0
/usr/lib/libdpstk.so.0
/usr/lib/libpsres.so.0

The files are in dpsclient-dev but not in your package.:
Nothing

B.R.> 4) Is there any documentation on the DPS library API anywhere?  There is so
B.R.> little information about this library in the XFree86 sources that I'm
B.R.> having trouble even writing an intelligent package description.
I don't know, sorry.

B.R.> 5) I get the feeling that programs written using the dpsclient library will
B.R.> not be able to be simply recompiled against libdps-dev.  If that is the
B.R.> case we will need to continue to provide the old dpsclient package during
B.R.> the transition.

I think this is good idea.
I think XFree86-4.0 is not stable as 3.3.6.  So the transition does
not go smoothly. (  At least, I want to use 3.3.6 for the present. )
I will maintain dpclient package until almost users use XFree86-4.

B.R.> 6) Are there any files in my libdps* packages with the same names as files
B.R.> in your dpsclient* packages?  If so, I need to Replace: your packages as
B.R.> well.
Yes. Please put "Replace: dpsclient" in your control file.

Regards.