Re: playing a bit with CSS

On Wed, 08 May 2013 19:05:38 -0500
Ean Schuessler <ean@brainfood.com> wrote:

> On 05/08/2013 06:45 PM, Victor Nițu wrote:
> > I couldn't resist and played more than we thought initially. With some
> > minor changes to the template (only some node exclusions and movings,
> > no additions), I produced... something else:
> >
> > http://www.debian.org.ro/uploads/victor/d-o/index2.html
> >
> > With the (high?) risk of being very, very bold on this variant, I'd
> > like to see some opinions on it too. It's far, far away from being a
> > good design, but it's a header redesign that doesn't involve too much
> > work (I hope). Maybe something constructive will come out of it.
>
> I kind of like what you are doing. The way the current site offsets the
> logo from the top bar has always felt a little awkward to me. That said,
> I do think its weird to lose the Debian colors completely. Maybe the
> upper left logo needs to be magento, though I'm sure that wants to blur
> into the gray.

Hi Ean, no need to Cc me, I'm subscribed to the list :-)

I have seen your suggestion as valid, and tuned a bit the "Home" button
with the logo, and I like it much more as it is now. I also inverted
the small logo buttons between the two layouts.

I won't do any further modifications for a while, allowing more people
to see it and provide feedback on the same version. Tomorrow night I
will play around a bit more, or maybe sooner, it all depends on the
feedback we have.

Note for everybody: I (and Martin too, I guess) did not touch the footer
yet, and barely looked around the content, so please try not to look at
anything else but the website header and navigation bar. TIA.

Thanks for your suggestions,

--
. o .   Victor Nițu
. . o   debian.org.ro