Re: playing a bit with CSS

On Thu, 9 May 2013 00:40:46 +0200
Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Victor Nițu and me had a bit too much time the last night, so we started
> playing with CSS on our main page. I tried to move the menu (hometoc)
> into a JS-less CSS menu. You can see my results on:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~zobel/foo/
>
> Victor put his results on  http://www.debian.org.ro/uploads/victor/d-o/
>
> I think this layout proposal is far away from being perfect, but maybe
> we can start discussing a bit about changes in layout again, without
> breaking too much.

I couldn't resist and played more than we thought initially. With some
minor changes to the template (only some node exclusions and movings,
no additions), I produced... something else:

http://www.debian.org.ro/uploads/victor/d-o/index2.html

With the (high?) risk of being very, very bold on this variant, I'd
like to see some opinions on it too. It's far, far away from being a
good design, but it's a header redesign that doesn't involve too much
work (I hope). Maybe something constructive will come out of it.

Not wanting to bring the chaos in WMLand,

--
. o .   Victor Nițu
. . o   debian.org.ro