Re: Using Flattr to donate to Debian?

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 10:57 -0500, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> Has anyone ever compared the cost of Network for Good against SPI
> getting its own credit card processing? I know the percentage fee is
> higher on Network for Good but they don't charge a monthly fee. If we
> consistently do enough traffic it might be cheaper to run our own
> processing.

The treasurer would have to answer this authoritatively but as I recall
we have three processors:

Network for Good
Accept Pay
Click2Pledge

Accept Pay is by far the most flexible (it even takes E-Checks) but the
only project that uses it is PostgreSQL.

I would actually like to see us implement a true commerce platform for
projects instead of this ad-hoc donation pledge stuff.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor