Re: Kalle's Proposal: gitweb

Hi,

On Mon Jul 05, 2010 at 21:50:06 +0100, Kalle Söderman wrote:
> On 21:22 Mon 05 Jul, Simon Paillard wrote:
> > Great.
> > I noticed a little glitch that I don't remember I noticed it previously:
> > the second navbar at the top (the one below "About", "Getting"..) is not
> > displayed on the full width (especially under the debian logo):
> > http://people.debian.org/~spaillard/browsershot/100705-141217-galeon-2.0.4-ubuntu-8.04-lts-d01d117fac201f90c49a2fd0370bb0e3.png
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~spaillard/browsershot/
> > Taken from from: http://browsershots.org/http://dsa.debian.org/
>
> There are a few issues with the stylesheets used at deb.at the main one
> is that the top nav bar uses rounded corners which breaks a few things.
> I believe this was introduced a while ago through a tweak to the corner
> radiuses on the main website, this snuck through as Rhonda pulled to
> update the git repo.
>
> I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to above but the background
> gradient stops prematurely in git.deb.at as well as dsa.d.o. This issue
> has been resolved in the "kalle" head [1]
>
> Just noticed that the rounded corners have disappeared from dsa.d.o
> things are moving ;)

Please don't look to closely how i realized that. ;-)

> I started a page at the wiki [2] but have been doing 36 hour shifts at
> work recently so I didn't have time to finish it. I will aim for it to
> explain the structure of the proposal and how it can be used.

Nice! I took the liberty to edit it a bit and add a paragraph about
''Sites in progess moving to kallesdesign''.

I have some more general question:

* Where is the "logo link" supposed to be pointing to? For git.deb.at
  and dsa.debian.org they are currently pointing to the current
  subdomain, while i would expect others would find it better to link to
  www.debian.org

* How are "visited links" supposed to look like? At git.deb.at we
  currently have a mix of both, unchanged color and changed color,
  depending on whether you are in the footer or somewhere in the
  content/breadcrumbs

* IMHO we should define one fontsize as our standard. Font size
  currently differs quite heavy between dsa.d.o and git.deb.at.

Expect more questions to come up! :)

Cheers
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster