Re: Suggestion - Minor changes to main page for now

	Hi!

* Umang Varma <umang.me@gmail.com> [2010-06-21 12:12:08 CEST]:
> On 06/21/2010 12:51 PM, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> >  Also, Kalle's proposal doesn't only cover the main website but has
> > created a thoughtful suggestion that works for other parts of the Debian
> > web presence. This is why I am especially convinced that that's the
> > path to pursue and that's why I do it. Just take a look at
> > <http://git.deb.at/> to see another approach of it, or (with great
> > thanks to Martin Zobel-Heals!) see <http://lists.deb.at/>.
>
> Wow! I didn't see those. Is all this work maintained in any public VCS?

 Partly. The git theme is on git.deb.at directly (deb/gitweb), not sure
about Zobel's changes to lists though (and sorry for the typo, it's
Helas of course).

 Kalle has patches on his site: http://kalleswork.net/projects/debian/ -
this is what I used to get it working on <http://www.deb.at/index.en.html>
(currently slightly broken, have to investigate).

 I plan to add more and more stuff to git.deb.at for the purpose of
getting things more visible of what is done and what to tweak.

> Also, is there some sort of plan for approval as yet for this? If the
> pages all work, then it would be great to have this published with Squeeze!

 Given that the feedback given always were on the positive side (I also
consider "this needs to get changed/addressed" as positive feedback) I
think this can be seen as that the approval is already there. And yes,
it would be swift to be able to push it out around the squeeze time. Or
maybe around the birthday time, not sure though wether we can invest
enough to get it into decent shape until then. Hopes are always high. :)

 So long!
Rhonda
--
"Lediglich 11 Prozent der Arbeitgeber sind der Meinung, dass jeder
Mensch auch ein Privatleben haben sollte."