Re: Suggestion - Minor changes to main page for now

On 06/21/2010 12:51 PM, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>> I saw that and, in my opinion, that is the kind of great first impress a
>> great distro's website should have! I'm guessing, however, that it
>> changes the layout too much for a quick approval. I am not suggesting
>> the layout I posted be used, but I'm just saying minor changes should be
>> made soon.
>
>  It's not as much as you presume. And even then, a quick approval might
> break some of the subpages easily too, so it's not that big of a gain to
> change in one direction now (and get complaints about some sub pages)
> and later change again - I don't believe in regular changes, it would
> confuse even more.
I see. I didn't think of that.
>  Also, Kalle's proposal doesn't only cover the main website but has
> created a thoughtful suggestion that works for other parts of the Debian
> web presence. This is why I am especially convinced that that's the
> path to pursue and that's why I do it. Just take a look at
> <http://git.deb.at/> to see another approach of it, or (with great
> thanks to Martin Zobel-Heals!) see <http://lists.deb.at/>.
Wow! I didn't see those. Is all this work maintained in any public VCS?
Also, is there some sort of plan for approval as yet for this? If the
pages all work, then it would be great to have this published with Squeeze!
>  Thanks for your effort and suggestions anyway!
No at all. I hardly did anything.

Keep up the great work, Kalle and everyone on d-www! :-)

Umang