Re: [rt.debian.org #1482] move cvs.debian.org away from gluck

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > They have been using the webwml Alioth project for other purposes
> > for quite some time so I think they can directly switch to ssh+cvs, there
> > are already quite a few -guest users in the project.
>
>  Erm, I really don't want to cut off translators on such a short notice,
> I consider this to be an extremely bad idea. Can we pretty please get
> some pserver transition posibility on alioth so this can be done in a
> schedule that is both reasonable and doable?

As told on IRC, I would like to avoid it as the cvs/pserver setup is
integrated in gforge. I will try to help in case people are stuck
after the migration to mitigate the problems...

> > Can someome from the -www team review if everything is fine and define
> > a date/time where we can conveniently:
> > - do a last rsync run
> > - change DNS
> > - wait a bit without any commit
>
>  I would throw in to disable write access on gluck just before the last

s/just before/just after/ as rsync keeps the rights...

> rsync run and switch over. That way no commits will be able to happen on
> the wrong host?

Can you define a datetime for the switch ? I suggest Sunday 28th
at 12:00 UTC. (I'm not available on saturday but maybe sgran could handle
it if it's on saturday)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/