Re: [rt.debian.org #1482] move cvs.debian.org away from gluck

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> Thanks for the offer Raphael, that sounds good.  The only folks using
> CVS these days is debwww/webwml.
>
> Can you coordinate the move with debian-www, please?

I have mirrored manually the repositories on Alioth in
/srv/cvs.debian.org/ and I have moved the webwml one along all the other
CVS repositories which are handled via the gforge web interface.

I have setup the apache virtual host for cvs.debian.org and it works fine
(tested by hardcoding cvs.debian.org in /etc/hosts to the alioth IP).

> They will need write access using cvs pserver for non-DDs at least at
> the start, tho they might be willing to move things over to ssh+cvs in
> the long run.

They have been using the webwml Alioth project for other purposes
for quite some time so I think they can directly switch to ssh+cvs, there
are already quite a few -guest users in the project.

What do -www people think ?

I also managed to update my webwml CVS checkout with my fake entry in
/etc/hosts so it seems to work.

Can someome from the -www team review if everything is fine and define
a date/time where we can conveniently:
- do a last rsync run
- change DNS
- wait a bit without any commit

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/