Re: Proposal for root cause fix "svn co --force"

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 07:56:09PM +0200, Simon Paillard wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 06:57:01AM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:

> [...]
> > Maybe file a bug report against Subversion asking for such an option?
>
> Or use svn export --force URL ?

 $ svn help export
export: Create an unversioned copy of a tree.
usage: 1. export [-r REV] URL[@PEGREV] [PATH]

  1. Exports a clean directory tree from the repository specified by
     URL, at revision REV if it is given, otherwise at HEAD, into
     PATH. If PATH is omitted, the last component of the URL is used
     for the local directory name.

Valid options:
  -q [--quiet]             : print nothing, or only summary information
  --force                  : force operation to run

Yes, this sounds like what we need.

Currently: The script does a svn update, and then make -C manuals clean publish.

The script should do a svn export --force URL, and then make -C manuals clean publish.

Osamu