Re: Proposal for root cause fix "svn co --force"

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 10:31:21PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Well it happend again when I added new file which happen to conflict
> with broken build file.  I think I can work around this ... but...
>
> I think root cause fix this problem is to run "svn checkout" with
> "--force" option.  Since no one is commiting from www-master checkout,
> it should not be problem as I understand.
>
> This should make build process more robust.

According to "svn help checkout," if an unversioned obstructing path
already exists, using the --force option will allow the checkout to
succeed but will keep the contents of the existing file.  This seems
like a worse failure mode than before, since it will still need to be
removed but now that's less obvious.

--
Matt                                                 http://ftbfs.org/