Re: Debian Wiki FlashPlayer page

I'd just like to add my support to the notion of documenting that you
can install flash manually (if not the specific steps themselves). The
flash plugin package, even when available, was a horrid nightmare that
routinely broke things. It executed too much code as root in postinst
context and sat indefinitely if it could not connect to the webserver to
download an update. In this case, I think it is *more* harmful than the
perceived problems with doing things manually.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jmtd.net/