Re: Debian Wiki FlashPlayer page

Lukasz,

On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 17:33 -0600, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> Did you verify before you deleted the section form manualhowto?
> The manual-howto had instruction on how to manually install flash
> player to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ vs the "flash=player page does
> not.

As I mentioned in the changelog, I removed that section because it
duplicate the content of the page FlashPlayer.
I decided not to merge the content because explaining how to manually
install something is just the wrong way to do things: I defeats the
purpose of having a distribution.
People willing to install or compile stuffs manually should use LFS,
Gentoo, Windows or whatever.

> "Flashplugin-nonfree has been removed (see below), as this is closed
> source and we don't get security support for it.

> For security reasons, we recommend to immediately remove any version
> of flashplugin-nonfree and any remaining files of the Adobe Flash
> Player.

The above paragraph is only true for people that don't use backport.

> Tested updates will be made available via backports.org."

Exactly. That's what people should use.

Thanks you for your contributions,

Franklin