Re: Info on this site

	Hi!

 As I'm not sure if you are subscribed to the list please forgive if you
get the mail twice due to Cc.

Am Donnerstag, den 08.11.2007, 20:38 +0100 schrieb Hans-J. Ullrich:
> please apologize my disturbance, but I would like to ask you, why important
> debian related messages are never shown on the homepages.

 Claiming that they are never shown there is a pretty tough accusing,
and possibly nothing that anyone will be able to agree with you.

> Well, I think, if a debian server would have been compromised, this should be
> appear at once on the webside. Also, when the main server is down, everyone
> should be informed about the non-reachable server (like at the moment).

 It depends. The current non-reachable server isn't something that
directly affects the end users. Granted, no new packages flow in through
unstable, but appart from that it's nothing that end users are affected
by that - and furthermore, people that use unstable propably should be
subscribed to debian-devel-announce anyway, where it has been posted to.
The list is extremely low flow, so there is no real excuse to not
subscribe to it.

 About the compromise of gluck years ago, it was quite well documented
on the very same list, debian-devel-announce. Given that it contains
people.debian.org it might affect some end-users too, and in fact it
*was* on the front page due to a mail to debian-news,
<http://www.debian.org/News/2006/20060713> did run through there.

> IMO , these informations belong to open source policy as well, don't you think
> so ?

 But they aren't hidden - they are just sent to places where it is
assumed to be appropriate. The debian-devel-announce is far from being
something secret, really.

 So long,
Rhonda