Re: Doubts and Ideas

On Wed, 30 May 2007 18:23:44 -0700, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> said:

> On Wed, 30 May 2007, Josip Rodin wrote:
>> It's unlikely that our web pages have much content for which there
>> isn't prior art, or simply common knowledge.

> Prior art isn't an issue, since it's not patented.

> In any event, to resolve this issue completely all that we need is 1)
> a GPG signed email from every contributor saying that they either
> assign copyright of their contributions to SPI or give SPI a
> non-exclusive royalte-free license to do with the copyright work as
> they see fit 2) a directive from the DPL to SPI to license the work
> under GPL (or MIT/Expat or whatever -www decides.)

        I am willing to relicense my contributions under the GPL v2; but
 I am not willing to assign my copyright away.

        I specifically do not trust the SPI enough to allow them to
 relicense my work in the future.

        If SPI wants to discuss work-for-hire agreements, they can mail
 me off list.

        manoj
--
Microbiology Lab: Staph Only!