Re: Doubts and Ideas

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 06:20:40PM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> ================
> About a redesign
> ================
>
> 	I think that should be done, from time to time,	using
> proper CSS, to show people that the Web Team is	alive and working.
> I'm not saying to put flash or any not *very* accessible material,
> I"m just saying that from time to time (2-3 years) we could
> re-arrange our CSS (and maybe layout) so people could come and
> say: "COOL! Debian keeps surprising me!".

Just changing the colors (even nuances) or a couple of visual bits and
pieces, would be good.

> 	For quite some time, I"m really unsure if we should use
> check new pages when they come in and review it (even before
> translators work on it).

I don't think we should ever be worrying about <br/> vs <br>, or similar
formatting issues.

WML *exists* for the purpose of abstracting those kinds of details
out of the editor's view.

The new <q> thing is a good idea, it should have been done long ago
(also through WML, but this method with CSS is okay today).

> I'm unsure if we should start contacting contributors and fix the long
> standing license problem of the website.

What license problem? Everything is licensed to SPI, always has been.

> 	I really think that we need to first change a couple of
> core structures in the (X)HTML code and CSS and after we can
> work on the logical and structural areas of the website.

I think that logical and structural discussion is more important than
formatting. Even visual design issues are by now more important than
whether we pass this or that syntax validator :/

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.