Re: Doubts and Ideas

On 05/31/2007 01:56 PM, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Wed, 30 May 2007 18:23:44 -0700, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> said:
>> On Wed, 30 May 2007, Josip Rodin wrote:
>>> It's unlikely that our web pages have much content for which there
>>> isn't prior art, or simply common knowledge.
>> Prior art isn't an issue, since it's not patented.
>> In any event, to resolve this issue completely all that we need is 1)
>> a GPG signed email from every contributor saying that they either
>> assign copyright of their contributions to SPI or give SPI a
>> non-exclusive royalte-free license to do with the copyright work as
>> they see fit 2) a directive from the DPL to SPI to license the work
>> under GPL (or MIT/Expat or whatever -www decides.)
>         I am willing to relicense my contributions under the GPL v2;

	Thank you.

> but I am not willing to assign my copyright away.
	Ok, as noted in another message with Don Armstrong, we
are probably going with both options, people can either assign
copyright of their contributions to SPI or relicense it. :)

>         I specifically do not trust the SPI enough to allow them to
>  relicense my work in the future.

	Would you allow the Debian WWW Team (or a DPL delegate for
that matter) to relicense your work under a DFSG compatible license?
Or, would you dual-license it GPLv2 and MIT/Expat?  That would make
our work easier.

	Anyway, you are a WWW contributor easy to contact to ask
for arrangements about licensing issues, so I think we just have
to wait a little bit until Don propose the "game plan" before we
start working on this.

	Kind regards,

- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)