Package status on www-master (Was: Re: Problem with menu and navbar in French translation of the main page)

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 06:07:13PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> [2007-04-30 17:48]:
> > On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 05:18:02PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> >> * Ingrid Fuchs <alfie@ist.org> [2007-04-30 16:04]:
> > Why is the locales file cleared? Did someone upgraded www-master or
> > happened a new install?
>
>  No idea - a question most propably better aimed at the DSA team and not
> the -www list, if you like.
>
> > In this case many packages for DDP (Vietnamese LaTeX, ...) will be
> > missing probably as well.
>
>  Can you check beforehand if that is true before bothering the DSA team?

No, how should I do this? I once debugged a Korean font problem by
adapting a Makefile of a DDP project, sending all important output to
stdout and obtained this from log file. But such work is probably an
abuse of my commit rights ...

There is a partial Vietnamese translation of Release Notes which would
require the texlive-lang-vietnamese package. I'm almost sure it was
never installed before ...

A proper check for missing packages is probably to force a rebuild of
all generated documents.

OK, I will watch the build logs and remember to ask for required
packages if I cannot reproduce a FTBFS ...

Jens