Re: New Debian Site

On 2006-11-15 10:14, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Mathieu Stumpf (Mathieu.Stumpf@urs.u-strasbg.fr) [061115 11:10]:
> > Honestly, do you really think it's the first thing someone will think
about
> > when coming on the debian main page? Here is what basic users propably
> > think : "this page sucks!" ;P
> >
> > Really can't you see how ugly is the current layout? That's really a
problem,
> > because it's the first thing people will see.
>
> I definitly agree to this statement (and I think most other people do as
> well).
>
> > Maybe you don't think so (after
> > all, beauty is subjective), but think that there is allready two persons
who
> > really like debian and thought it enough to come here and proposed to
change
> > it. Must people won't go so far even if they think the same.
>
> The problem is just - if we do a new layout, we should make sure it
> looks "enough" better. And what I have seen so far didn't at least
> convince me (but I agree I have looked on it only a bit, because I'm
> quite busy with other tasks currently, so I might by chance have only
> seen the examples I personally didn't like).

Okay, I'm open to any criticism on what I did.
I've made some modifications on the html this time (but nothing important):
look the planche2.*
http://psychoslave.free.fr/debian/site/

Also any criticism on one of the 4 artwork you can find  here
http://psychoslave.free.fr/debian/ are welcome. Maybe you really don't like
any of it, let me know why, and what you would be better according to you.