Re: New Debian Site

* Mathieu Stumpf (Mathieu.Stumpf@urs.u-strasbg.fr) [061115 11:10]:
> Honestly, do you really think it's the first thing someone will think about
> when coming on the debian main page? Here is what basic users propably
> think : "this page sucks!" ;P
>
> Really can't you see how ugly is the current layout? That's really a problem,
> because it's the first thing people will see.

I definitly agree to this statement (and I think most other people do as
well).

> Maybe you don't think so (after
> all, beauty is subjective), but think that there is allready two persons who
> really like debian and thought it enough to come here and proposed to change
> it. Must people won't go so far even if they think the same.

The problem is just - if we do a new layout, we should make sure it
looks "enough" better. And what I have seen so far didn't at least
convince me (but I agree I have looked on it only a bit, because I'm
quite busy with other tasks currently, so I might by chance have only
seen the examples I personally didn't like).

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/