Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "FrontPage" by DavidMorenoGarza

David Moreno Garza wrote:
> Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
>> But to translate FrontPageNews is an Impossible job (well, it's not
>> impossible, but it doesn't pay the bill to do the work, and it prevents
>> me from doing the work that does pay the bill) , and it's of little use
>> to translate everything. What I propose is to keep some page
>> FrontPageNewsFeed (I noticed that you have explained about FronPageNews
>> on, yes, the page FrontPageNews).
>>
>> Then we could have something like this on the FrontPage:
>> = Latest official and unofficial Debian-related news =
>> [[Include(FrontPageNewsFeed)]
>>
>> Then the translators could write something like (not translated now, but
>> you get the concept I hope):
>> = Latest official and unofficial Debian-related news =
>> These links are mostly in English
>> [[Include(FrontPageNewsFeed)]
>
> I understood now. Anyway, I don't even know if that is possible at all
> in MoinMoin (people with more knowledge on the matter, please let us
> know). Or is that 'include' allowed? Does that work as transcluding?
> That would actually make it better for the markup health which right now
> I've converted into a mess (the front page news section).

[[Include(SomeWikiPage)]] is working, I tested in a sandbox before I
suggested that solution.

>> That way, I could remove the filter I have that says that updates done
>> by DavidMorenoGarza should be filed under Debian/Wiki, and automaticly
>> marked read.
>> If DavidMorenoGarca later changes something, I would still notice, and
>> act, either by ignoring the update, or translate what he updated.
>
> I can create a different profile. Probably something like
> DavidMorenoGarzaBot or similar :-)

I guess that also could help a bit, but I think it would be best to keep
the frequent changes outside what we try to translate, and rather have
that section included.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/