Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "FrontPage" by DavidMorenoGarza

Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
> But to translate FrontPageNews is an Impossible job (well, it's not
> impossible, but it doesn't pay the bill to do the work, and it prevents
> me from doing the work that does pay the bill) , and it's of little use
> to translate everything. What I propose is to keep some page
> FrontPageNewsFeed (I noticed that you have explained about FronPageNews
> on, yes, the page FrontPageNews).
>
> Then we could have something like this on the FrontPage:
> = Latest official and unofficial Debian-related news =
> [[Include(FrontPageNewsFeed)]
>
> Then the translators could write something like (not translated now, but
> you get the concept I hope):
> = Latest official and unofficial Debian-related news =
> These links are mostly in English
> [[Include(FrontPageNewsFeed)]

I understood now. Anyway, I don't even know if that is possible at all
in MoinMoin (people with more knowledge on the matter, please let us
know). Or is that 'include' allowed? Does that work as transcluding?
That would actually make it better for the markup health which right now
I've converted into a mess (the front page news section).

> That way, I could remove the filter I have that says that updates done
> by DavidMorenoGarza should be filed under Debian/Wiki, and automaticly
> marked read.
> If DavidMorenoGarca later changes something, I would still notice, and
> act, either by ignoring the update, or translate what he updated.

I can create a different profile. Probably something like
DavidMorenoGarzaBot or similar :-)

> I do want to include the news from FrontPage onto the translated
> StartSide but I do not want to edit the page every 6th hour.
>
> I dont either see the front page as a static page, but I do think we
> should have translated pages of the fronpage, and maybe later, when we
> get the manpower, also translate some other pages. But to ease the
> burden of the translators, I ask to have the dynamic content on
> "feed"'s, and instead including them on the frontpage.
>
> I have no problem updating the page once or twice a week, but every 6th
> hour ? no way.

I understand. Are more people interested into this? I mean, is something
working as hard as Mr. Johansen to keep this translated and updated?

Thanks,

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net>   |  http://www.damog.net/
		   <damog@debian.org>  |          GPG: C671257D