Re: Just English

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 04:58:51PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> No, the language that is shown has nothing to do with the country you are
> in. The debian website does use content negotiation though and will
> display be default the language that is set as the preferred language *in
> your browser*.

Still, we really *should* allow for users to switch to another language
without reconfiguring their browser. What if I usually want English, but
prefer German just for debian.org?

The great thing is that supporting this would be very easy: Upgrade
www.debian.org to Apache 2.0, write a small script which sets a language
cookie, then use this Apache directive:

SetEnvIf Cookie "language=en" prefer-language=en

...etc for all languages.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯