Just English

First, let me start by congratulating you and thanking you for all the work that has gone into the Debian project. Your project does give some hope that the future of IT is not as bleak as the currently Bill-Gates-dominated world might lead us to fear.

This e-mail just to point out what is, perhaps, not really a problem, but I would like to call your attention to a troublesome aspect of your website.

I live & work in Brussels, Belgium. To access your site I use the following url: http://www.uk.debian.org/, which opens the home page in English. But when I click on a link, the link always opens in French. I assume this is because the machine I use to access your site is located in a French-speaking country (actually only partly because in Belgium there are three official languages). Although I'm fluent in French, my native tongue is English and what I know of computer-speak is mainly in the English language.

It is a bit frustrating to have to navigate down to the bottom of every page I access to get back to English.

Perhaps, is some future maintenance cycle of your site you could modify your site so as to allow for the user to choose only once the language he/she would like to use.

Best regards,
Richard Leonard