Re: debian.de problem

* Christoph Thielecke <u15119@hs-harz.de> [2004-08-20 15:59]:
> I tried it with different browsers... all send 'de' als language but got
> english..
> looks like a problem with Konqueror... but if i go to
> http://www.have-more-fun.net/index.php?id=info
> i see:
> Browser-Version: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.2; Linux) (KHTML, like
> Gecko)
> Sprache: de, DE, en
> Whats wrong with that?

 You don't note any quality ranking in it. You set all three of them to
a quality of 1.0.  So basically the server is still able to choose which
of those it will get you.

 I noticed the same when I used your entry as Accept-Language, but when
I switched back to the one I am using ("de; q=1.0, en; q=0.5") I get
german.

 Adam, can you check the order of the languages you have in your
configuration? Maybe if you stick de earlier than en it would work. This
seems to be a change in apache2, though -- I never have noticed such a
thing with apache1....

> Why t debian.de is not by default in german? It should be i think...

 The "default" still has to be choosen through content negotiation,
because that's what we do.

 So long,
Alfie
--