Re: partners page patch (for all translations so far, too)

* Matt Kraai <kraai@alumni.cmu.edu> [2003-09-04 15:48]:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 12:05:58AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>>  A little bit smaller, but not really what I was talking about. There are
>> not enough colors in the image that would justify using RGBA instead of
>> a colormap. This would recude the size of the png images significant,
>> IMNSHO. None of the other partner images are bigger than 10k, most are
>> even below 5k.
>
>  convert -colors 256 skolelinux.png skolelinux.gif
>
> produced a 15k GIF (with a black background).  How am I supposed
> to convert the image?

 You _do_ know that our convert doesn't do LWZ compression on gif
images? What's wrong with converting it to 256 colors but sticking with
the original format? Why switch from png to gif just to get 256 colors?
IDGI.

 mogrify -colors 256 skolelinux.png

 So long,
Alfie
--
Wieso gibt's kan sync Befehl fürs Hirn?  Wieso steh i jetzt?
         -- 2002-12-04, in der Arbeit aufgeschnappt