Re: partners page patch (for all translations so far, too)

On Thursday 04 September 2003 03:48 pm, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 12:05:58AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> >  A little bit smaller, but not really what I was talking about. There are
> > not enough colors in the image that would justify using RGBA instead of
> > a colormap. This would recude the size of the png images significant,
> > IMNSHO. None of the other partner images are bigger than 10k, most are
> > even below 5k.
>
>  convert -colors 256 skolelinux.png skolelinux.gif
>
> produced a 15k GIF (with a black background).  How am I supposed
> to convert the image?

- --
Use gimp, convert it to indexed, 32 colors, gif.
It will then be about 5K and virtually the same
in appearance as the original.

Then you can save that .gif as a .png, and it will
also be around 5k in size

- --
Jim Westveer
 I wish there was a button on my computer for intelligence.
 There's a button called `brightness', but it doesn't work.
 :q :w :w! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quithelp
jwest@debian.org			+425-591-3002
gpg-key 0x9823336C			jwest@melaque.com