Re: search.debian.org is online

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 07:12:29PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> Won't you fix the problem that Japanese (or Korean or Chinese) words
> are not searched even if these words are separated by whitespace
> or HTML tags (other than very few words which are expressed in
> Unicode &#xxxxx; expression) ?
>
> Or, do you think this problem will also be fixed in the future version
> of mnogosearch which will fix the word-separation problem of Chinese
> and Japanese by using ChaSen?
The next version of mnogosearch has this fix, it uses some auxiallary
program like the Japanese search engine does to assist, I forgot the
name of it but mentioned it in a previous email.

> Note that, if this problem is fixed, Korean people will benefit very
> much even if the word-separation problem is not fixed.
I don't understand.  Are you saying that Korean uses two-byte characters
but doesn't have spaces in words and should be ok now?

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/                <csmall@enc.com.au>