Re: search.debian.org is online

Hi,

From: csmall@enc.com.au (Craig Small)
Subject: search.debian.org is online
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:58:16 +1100

> I brought it online now, it looks like it is working.  Could translaters
> who translate the stuff in /searchtmp/ let me know when you've done it
> and I'll add the language to the search page.  I'm not sure how well its
> going to work though.

Won't you fix the problem that Japanese (or Korean or Chinese) words
are not searched even if these words are separated by whitespace
or HTML tags (other than very few words which are expressed in
Unicode &#xxxxx; expression) ?

Or, do you think this problem will also be fixed in the future version
of mnogosearch which will fix the word-separation problem of Chinese
and Japanese by using ChaSen?

Note that, if this problem is fixed, Korean people will benefit very
much even if the word-separation problem is not fixed.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/