Re: Debian-based distros in a new page?

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 04:33:22PM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> Here are some suggested changes to the file. I only corrected for
> spelling and grammar. I do have two questions though. Should we keep the

	Thanks, it was written hastily (sp?)

> historical (not produced anymore) distros? Second, the section on Corel

	IMHO yes. It's important to know both what happens and what
happened. We could probably, though, make a new list with "Historical
distributions" and add them in.
	A good example of why we should keep this information is Corel: it
seems they have created a new company to market Corel Linux with a new
name.
	My reasons for including it is the same that drives us to keep
updated the project_history document: don't forget what happened before
(so we can learn for the future)

> talks about KDE licensing issues. That doesn't seem relevant to
> this page. Shouldn't it be removed?

No, it's part of Corel's history. I say we keep it there. We could also
talk about the "Open Source" issues (Corel did not contribute that much to
Debian AFAIK, whileas Progeny still does). IMHO.

	Regards

	Javi