Re: mozilla install broken?

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:09:32 +0200
Danie Roux <droux@tuks.co.za> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 02:21:19AM -0700, Joe Barnett wrote:
> >

> > Hi there, I'm trying to install the latest mozilla packages (0.9.4) in
> > SID on my unstable box, and I'm getting errors in the postinstall
> > script.  to be more specific, the regxpcom process segfaults.
> >
> > I had these packages installed, but something got mucked up with
> > them so i apt-get remove --purged everything, and deleted all file
> > references i could find, but now that i'm trying to reinstall mozilla,
> > regxpcom segfaults, causing the postinst scripts to fail....
> >
> > I'm sure its something with my system, but I don't know where to look:
> > any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joe
>
> bugs.debian.org/mozilla-browser gives you this bug number: 108946
>
> I upgraded this morning, and now no Mozilla, Nautilus-Mozilla or Galeon.
>
> The bleeding edge hurts :-)

Right,

I have no time to check the BTS, but should this be the same bug that
sends my galeon into a crash everytime? It gets up perfectly fine, I pick
a site out of my bookmarks and boom!
It is actually pretty unpredictable except for a few sites that blow up
every time (slashdot). Since I updated today too, could this be the same?

Mart

--
Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.
Requiescant in pace.