Re: english/ports/*/menu.inc

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 09:47:13PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 04:25:50PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Denis Barbier wrote:
> > > Many translations have to be duplicated in these files, I will
> > > use another scheme by defining all tags in ports/menu.inc and
> > > include needed tags in each ports/*/menu.inc
> >
> > How?
>
> Here is an implementation:
>   submenu.wml   stands for wml::debian::submenu, contains arch-independent
>                 menu entries
>   menu.inc      is /english/ports/hurd/menu.inc
>
> You should be able to rebuild all Hurd pages without any other change.
> If you like it, I could try to merge all translations found in
> ports/*/menu.inc

I committed a slightly modified version of this proposal:
  * wml::debian::submenu remains generic and does only define some tags
    for menu generation, so it still could be used by other directories
  * a new file english/ports/menu.defs contain arch-independent items
  * arch-dependent items still reside in ports/*/menu.inc, though they
    could probably be put into ports/menu.defs
  * there is no need to change WML files

As I had to manually merge all translations, some may miss, translators
please carefully check english/ports/menu.defs.  OTOH menu.inc files should
not be affected.

Denis