Re: request

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 04:09:53PM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> We might want to put a note on lists.debian.org, pointing out that
> Debian reserves the right to archive any mail that comes into Debian.
>
> Frankly, copyright-wise, we may be forced to remove something from
> the archives if someone mailed something to list without permission
> of the copyright owner.  By the transient nature of email, the way

Why not sending out an text on list subscription where the subscriber
agrees that his emails will be set under a special license like the Open
Content which states that the original author has to be named which is
the case inthe archive as the "From:" line is shown.

> Should we honor X-No-Archive? That's a fairly standard header with
> this intent.

I dont like this idea.

In software we prefer open source and most people even like the GPL
whereas your contribution to a project is automatically set under the
GPL. Why not doing the same for the list archive. Its a contribution
to the Debian Project and IMHO we should treat it the same.

Flo