Re: debian gnu/linux

On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 11:55:04PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Still, I don't agree this is meaningless ALT text nor that the ALT should
> be left empty. Call me a lunatic.

Would you specify a nonempty alt attribute on the proverbial green line
across the screen?  ALT="[Green Line Across the Screen]"? ;-)

> With empty ALT, graphics-less browsing people wouldn't know that there
> is a logo there.

That, IMHO, would be a failing in the user agent.  If the user wants
to know of all (even meaningless) pictures, the UA should tell her
about them.

Well, it seems I'm starting to rant about how the web should be.
The short version: "HTML - as we know it - sucks!" ;-)

> I'd say let's just drop this pointless discussion and let the people who are
> editing those pages do what they think it's best.

Pointless?  You do have a point there! ;-)

                                  ""
                             (John Cage)