Re: search engine uses Referrer: field

>>>>> "ms" == Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

  ms> Yes, it's done to be able to point to a mirror next to you instead
  ms> of the general one.  Can you give details on what you send and receive
  ms> and what is wrong with it, I'm sure the script can be fixed.

I set Referrer: to "http://www.privacy.org/"; (yes, maybe I'm a little
paranoid). This means that the responses page contains URLs such as

   http://www.privacy.org/Packages/stable/devel/cmucl.html

I see the point regarding mirrors. The only solution I see without
using the Referrer is to have each mirror of the search form contain a
hidden field which provides its host address. This would be a little
complicated to set up, but I do believe it is a better idea than the
current solution.

--
Eric Marsden
It's elephants all the way down