Re: debian gnu/linux

On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 12:54:19AM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 02:33:44PM -0700, Darren Benham wrote:
> > I disagree...
>
> How is this a matter of opinion?
Putting ALT tags, empty alt tags, no alt tags, filled alt tags won't
cause pages not to load...

> > empty alt tags are MORE evil than no alt tag at all.
>
> There are no alt tags.
>
> The alt attribute is mandatory on the img tag.  It is perfectly OK to
> specify an empty alt attribute.
OK in whose book?  It is NOT ok in my book, period.

> What important or interesting information does a logo carry that is relevant
> to all Debian pages?

 None, that's the point.  If you see an image w/o any description (like swirl
or logo) you don't know, for sure, if that logo is something you want or should
look at.  All you know is it's "something"  With a description, you can think,
Oh... the logo, I don't need to see that and skip it...