Re: security updates webpage

On Mon, Oct 26, 1998 at 02:51:47PM -0800, Darren Benham wrote:
> Not at the moment... well... let's make an executive decision... do we want to
> provide the "complete" text anywhere on the server or just provide a
> link/reference back to the list archive, newsgroup, etc?

My preference is to simply list a few line summary of the problem.
I think it would be foolish to give details on an exploit before
we have a fix in place. For some reason people don't go to the extra
work of subscribing to bugtraq to do this. Handing them the means
on a machine that may be susceptible to the problem is asking for it
though.

Jay Treacy