Re: bad URLs on the security pages

On Mon, Oct 26, 1998 at 03:04:25PM -0800, Darren Benham wrote:

> On 26-Oct-98 Jules Bean wrote:
> > If that's supposed to point to the PHP home page, that is at www.php.net
> >

> And it probably wasn't in 1997 when the news item was first installed.
> Question:  Do we want to maintain links over (__FILL_IN_THE_BLANK__)
> days|months|years old? or should we disable links that are that old?

My strategy would be to minimize links that have a high likelyhood of going
bad. Of course, this is rather subjective. If the link is easy to fix
(as the php one was) I just fix them. Otherwise I delete the html markup from
the link and add a note stating that the link is no longer valid.

Jay Treacy