Re: Fw: Design of Debian web site

On Mon, Mar 30, 1998 at 05:02:10PM -0500, James A.Treacy wrote:

> > o Its _very_ important that mirroring is getting easier for the people
> >   who want to mirror!!
> >   Do it like tucows (www.tucows.com) - they have ~ 400 mirrors, because it
> >   is sooo easy to setup a mirror!
> >   - if you want suggestions, please ask me..
> >
> I set up a mirror of both the ftp and web archives in about 5 minutes.
> I don't see what the difficulty is. Of course, it took almost a day for
> the mirror to finish when started from scratch. :)

At least one difficulty is the huge amount of files in some directories.
Georg has reported to me that his mirror was dying because of that.
This makes it difficult.

Regards,

	Joey

 /           Experience is a useful thing.  Unfortunately it is  /
/             only acquired just after one could have used it.  /