Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

> On May 3, 2015, at 1:37 PM, Letna <letna.debian@inbox.com> wrote:
>
> Catherine Gramze <rhiamom <at> mac.com> writes:
>> Somebody mentioned that there are no human male characters in the game.
> That changes things. I can no longer
>> believe the character Sara to be harmless.
>

> As already mentioned by the developers themselves in this very thread,
> the "human male character" didn't make it in 0.9.0 because it
> wasn't modeled in time (curious on how he looks as now? Check

Will this future male character have a video clip exposing his underwear while he flexes his muscles? Will he appear on the track sideline 8 times? Will he be a playable character, still in his swimsuit? And why is his swimsuit not a Speedo, if a bikini is thought to be appropriate for the female character?

It is too easy to claim this male character is coming, and get the game accepted with just Sara, and then never quite get around to adding the male because he is an afterthought, not considered to be essential as the female sexual object is. There will be bugs to squash, and refinements of Sara, and if the male was not important enough to be included in this release he may never be released. HE was not a priority, but the female was.

I still think this release has no place in Debian, and particularly not as a children's game.