Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

> Woops forgot the link
>
> [1] http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6325

That was posted 2 days ago ("01 May 2015, 20:54"). It's kind of
suspicious (all this discussion started the 28th of April).

Honestly, from outside at least, it seems like someone is trying to
fix the issue by also adding sexualized male images to the game (I
wonder how they will manage to compensate for her panties sometimes
showing when she is riding her snowmobile). Will that model be
playable too? From what I understood, it seemed to me that they had to
remove a previous character to add Sara ("hopefully replace the old
mozilla" [1]).

Anyway, I would still suggest to add a warning to the package
description if, in the end, not only women in bikini but also men in
trunks are used as visual candy for just no other apparent purpose.
Patches might work for 0.9 but, if upstream becomes stubborn about it,
and no fork is made, they can certainly add more things in a way that
patching them out can become a bigger job.

I haven't talked with upstream myself (and I don't really have plans
to do so), but I've seen some IRC logs and I don't have the feeling
that they might be very sensitive to these issues. In fact, I see a
potential problem that they might take it personal if we decide to
patch those sexualized images out, and maybe even respond by going
further along those lines.

Greetings,
Miry

[1] http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4627