Re: Debian participation into GNOME Outreach Program for Women

Quoting Moray Allan (moray@sermisy.org):
> Now that I have time to write in more detail:
>
> I would certainly like us to participate in the OPW, I only worry
> that, unlike zack, I'm not confident that there is general agreement
> on using Debian money in this way (though people might complain less
> about this kind of thing if we started more active fundraising
> first).

In Debian, there is never any general agreement about using Debian
money..:-)

OK, dunk tank, I remember (I was in favor of it, at that time).

I think that the participation to OPW is way less controversial than
Dunc Tank, still....and the amount of spent money is perfectly in the
field of responsibilities I think we delegate to the DPL when electing
him|her.

(yes, I know that the Constitution does not set limits to the amount
of money the DPL can take responsibility for....but I don't doubt that
past and present DPLs would know when they need to get a very wide
agreement....and when they don't necessarily do)

Trying to bring consensus for anything is one of the traps we're often
falling into. What would you think will happen if a thread is started
in -project about our participation to OPW and spending $5000 in it?

Frankly, I'm 200% in favor of participating and I even considered
proposing myself as coordinator.....until Monica did (and I think
she's a way better possible coordinator than this old bubulle chap
who's doing too many things in Debian already).