Re: Translating "Debian Women"

On Thu, 16 May 2013 14:31:53 +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:

> > I think "tú" would be reasonable.
> Would it be for the French translation, I would stick to "vous" (aka
> 'usted'). And, actually, this even if it's commonly accepted behaviour
> in the hacker community that the informal form ("tutoiement" aka use
> of "tu") is most often used.
> When it comes at written material, I personnally tend to avoid being too
> informal or using any kind of spoken form.

Out of curiosity (and without being able to help for the Spanish
case, although my _guess_ is that French is more formal than
Spanish):
Do you see/make a difference for written texts addressing _users_/the
general public and others addressing (potential) fellow
_contributors_?

> > > "If you are interested..." (and other verb/adjectives) can be
> > > translated as "si está interesado..." (male + neutral gender) or "si
> > > está interesada.." (female). I've used the female form, but the Debian
> > > Women project is for everybody, so I was not sure if keeping the
> > > neutral (male) form.

IMHO: Using the female-only form in a Debian _Women_ context sounds
perfectly fine to me.

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   BOFH excuse #330:  quantum decoherence