Re: moving the wiki content?

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 11:19:33AM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:

> Steve Langasek schrieb:

> > Presently, there's a good deal of high-quality content in the Debian Women
> > wiki, which is out of sight of the "wiki community" that edits
> > wiki.debian.org and for which this mailing list is a clear point of contact
> > in the event of vandalization.  If this content is moved to wiki.debian.org,
> > will anyone take responsibility for it and maintain editorial control, or
> > will it be subjected to the unsupervised whims of the sort of people who
> > think wikis make a good place to hold a conversation?

> Where is the problem in subscribing to the content once it's moved over
> there?

There's no problem with that, but are people are actually planning to do so?
(I'm not volunteering, just pointing out a potential concern with moving
this documentation to the main wiki.)

> There is quite some interesting content, which is kind of lost to
> those, who don't know that there's a separate wiki.

So people search for such content by using the wiki index and/or wiki
search?  This seems odd to me since so much other important documentation is
*not* in the wiki.  I would expect a google search to be more useful,
generally, or following links from somewhere.

> Looking at the recent edits it also appears to me, that most edits are
> removal of spam and done by Franklin (who is involved in wiki.d.o but
> TTBOMK not in debian-women). So I wonder if the Debian women wiki is
> maintained in any way at all?

I'm pretty sure the Debian women wiki *isn't* maintained, which is all the
more reason I worry about the content being subject to edits by people who
don't actually have a clue what they're doing if it's moved to the main
wiki.